Carpentry hand tools are a necessity if you are thinking about getting into woodworking. Whether cabinetry, furniture making, or just hobby projects, there are a few basic carpentry hand tools you will need. Stanley hand tools are favored because they offer such a wide variety of woodworking tools, for many different jobs. A circular saw is a common carpentry hand tool that demands respect for safety:
General Tips on Circular Saw Safety and Use:
– Always wear safety glasses or a face shield.
– Wear a respirator or dust mask.
– Wear hearing protection to avoid excess noise.
– Check the retracting lower blade guard.
– Ensure that the blade is sharp.
– Check the saw for proper blade rotation and depth while the saw is unplugged, (the lowest tooth should not extend more than about 0.3 cm or 1/8″ beneath the wood).
– Keep all cords clear of cutting area.
– Circular saws are designed for right-hand operation, be careful when using left-handed, and always use both hands when operating the saw. One hand should be on the trigger switch and the other on the front knob.
– Always be sure the power is unplugged when not in use, especially if changing blades. Stanley hand tools also include other power tools such as drills, electric screwdrivers, grinders, sanders, jigsaws, miter saws, and other carpentry hand tools for special projects. These safety tips apply to any carpentry hand tools, whether Stanley hand tools, or any of the other popular brands:
Power Tool Safety Tips:
– Perform maintenance regularly as needed.
– Use the right tool for the job and inspect before using them.
– Operate according to manufacturers’ instructions
– Use personal protective equipment like steel mesh gloves for cutting and safety glasses, or respirator masks.
– Use guards that come with the power tool and use them as intended.
– Disconnect power tools when not in use. Never mess with a power tool that is plugged in to change blades, or anything else.
– Don’t hold the switch button while plugged-in, to carry.
– Keep tools sharp and clean, a sharp blade cuts better and is safer.
– Remove damaged cords and discard them.
– Do not carry, hoist or lower power tools by their cords.
– Don’t pull the cord to disconnect it from an outlet, simply unplug it.
– Keep cords away from heat, oil and sharp edges, and especially make sure it is not in the path of what you are cutting.
Woodworking As a Hobby Can Seem to Be Overwhelming:
When you first start woodworking, it can seem overwhelming to assemble all that you are going to need. When it comes to carpentry hand tools, it is better to save for a good quality power tool, like Stanley hand tools, than to buy a cheap, off-name brand. Your carpentry hand tools are an investment that will last you for many years, and Stanley hand tools come with a warranty.
Buying Great Hand tools:
Buying great hand tools is easy, if you choose a reputable manufacturer, and Stanley discount tools are a leading brand for carpentry hand tools. The main thing is to accumulate your carpentry hand tools as you need them for individual projects.
Richard Walker –
About the Author:
Hardware hand tools now offers woodworking and carpentry tools at http://www.hardwarehandtoolsnow.com offers a wide range of discount power tools, and accessories. You can buy a wide range of tools of well-known brands including Craftsman Tools,Milwaukee, Delta, Makita, Hitachi and Dewalt,Snap on at discount prices.